Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

DIY: Jewelry Display Board

If an opportunity presents itself to organize or de-clutter, I'm jumping all over it! That's why I am on a mission to makeover McKenzie's bathroom. She has managed to completely clutter the counter top which is very small to begin with. The complete reveal is coming soon, but here is what I did to organize her jewelry.






What You Will Need

Corkboard
{frameless}

Fabric

Glue Gun & Glue
{or your preferred adhesive}

Pins
{I used colored pins used for sewing, but thumb tacks would work too}



Begin by ironing the fabric so that any creases are removed. Lay the fabric right side down, then lay the corkboard right side down on top of the fabric. Using the glue gun, run a line of glue around the back perimeter of the corkboard {work in small segments as the glue will cool and harden quickly}. Fold the fabric tightly and evenly around the edges of the corkboard.




{If you have trouble with the corners, fold them just like you are wrapping a present.}


After you hang your board on the wall, use the pins or thumb tacks to hang and arrange your jewelry as desired.



5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Brian! It is very easy, you could make one for Wesli.

      Delete
  2. Ooh this is so pretty! I love the fabric you chose! What a beautiful way to display your jewelry! Thanks so much for linking up at Get Your DIY On's organization month! Have a great week!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Where did you find such a thick cork board without a frame? All I ever see are thin ones or ones with frames.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject?
    Jewelry Bar

    ReplyDelete